Tuesday, May 13, 2008

May

OMG, I cannot believe that it is May13th already!

I've been so busy the past couple months. It's been unbelievable.

First, my company (that I worked for) closed. On February 15th, my boss told me that we'd received an offer on our space, and it was only good if we could be out by the end of February! he then asked me if I was still willing to help him out by clearing out the office. He meant selling everything off! So, craigslist & kijiji helped me out quite a bit, and I sold $100,000 worth of office (furniture, equipment, supplies) within 2 weeks. He had offered me 4 weeks as a bonus for sticking around and helping out. Well, guess what? The 'bonus' was not paid out as I had assumed it would be (I thought they'd just pay me normally for the following month), instead, it was lumped all together along with my vacation owing, and taxed at the unheard of (for me) rate of 48%. I felt so cheated. I still do.

So, I've been job searching, going on interviews, etc.... and still nothing yet.

Also, we've had some huge problems with our home. We have to get our roofs (there are 4 of them) fixed, and our chimney was falling apart.

And I'm almost finished S's bedroom makeover.

I'm tired.

No comments: