Thursday, May 29, 2008

Painting - Part 1 almost done

OMG, what did I get myself into?

Well, part 1 of this massive paint job is almost complete!
I started on the 3rd floor and worked my way down to the ground floor, painting the top portion of the walls, the chair-rail, and the bannisters (3 of them!)

The chair-rails will be redone in white, but they were dark bright yellow, so I thought I'd 'lighten' them so the white will work on them... :)

The ground floor has 15' walls! You can see the coat hooks - they're almost at the 6' level! Anyways, I've got 2 ladders, a 6' ladder and a 4' ladder.... And, there was an area that I was unable to cut in as I couldn't reach, so I ended up just stretching... using the roller with an extension on it. Up on the very top step (allowed) and stretching..... a little scary, to be honest, but you do what you have to do!

And me up on near the top of the 6' ladder down on the 1st floor:
Photobucket
And here's a better picture of the 1st floor:
Photobucket

Here's a shot of the 2nd floor (this is the opposite view of the image I posted in my last thread):
Photobucket



Well, I've just got one area left to finish..... going to go do it now....
And tomorrow, I'm doing ceilings! Then when they're done, I'll do the bottom portion of the walls. Then to finish, I'll do the baseboards and the chair-rails.

No comments: