Friday, March 7, 2008

I've been working on a couple baby sets this past month or so.

The first one I finished is for my sister-in-law who is expecting her first child in a couple weeks. I made her an 'rippled eyelet' sweater, hat and bootie set. I have not blocked it out yet, so please remember that this image is not blocked!

Ripple Eyelet Baby set


The other set I've just finished is 'Sherbet Baby' set that I've done for a friend who is also expecting her first child. I found this pattern and fell in love with it. Even though the pattern stated 'Easy**' I was willing to do it, but got discouraged upon working on it when I discovered 2 mistakes in the pattern. When I found the first one, I wrote in via the 'contact us' feature and advised them of the mistake I found. On the contact page, it said a reply would be within 48 hours or so. No response. Anyway, I figured out what to do to correct the mistake and continued on, until low and behold, there was not only another mistake, but it was on a row that was not even completely explained!!! Now, this pattern was marked Easy** , so I assumed any stitches that were more complex that straight knit or purl would be explained in a little detail (maybe with an 'abbreviations' blurb at the bottom of the pattern... but there was nothing.
So, this pattern has a cable pattern done over 8 rows, where the actual cable is done on rows 3 & 7. The 2nd mistake was on a 'increase this way (from 44 sts to 144 sts) and continue in established pattern' type of row..... After trying it, frogging, trying it again, and frogging it again, I realized that it wasn't working because of a mistake! So, out comes the pad of paper and it literally took me half an hour to figure out the correct increases and pattern continuation to work this portion of the sweater. So, I go back to the 'contact us' area and again advise them of the other mistake. It's been almost 2 weeks and I've not heard back, nor have they corrected the pattern. I'm wondering if they even care?

Anyway, the sweater was finished last night. And I've set it up for blocking today. I've even taken a picture. I'm hoping this works as I've never blogged an image before. Here goes!

Sherbet Baby set


Yeah! It worked!

This set has a blanket, which I've started working on as well, but I don't think it'll be ready in time for her shower. Hopefully for the birth visit!

1 comment:

kathy b said...

Oh That is Just so adorable. I love hoodies on babies. Great knit up Wonderful gift.