Saturday, March 8, 2008

Grapevine Cardigan

OMG, I don't believe I'm going to do this one.
(Especially since I've found mistakes just in the very first section of this project!)
Oh well, that happens.

Here is the image for the sweater.

Grapevine Cardigan sweater

I'm not going to do the grapes in a different color though, and I'm using a 'sable' color instead of green.


Now, I started the bottom border of the sweater last night. On the 2nd row, there was a mistake! Ok, it wasn't very hard to figure out the correction, though, so I kept going. Then, on row 18 of this 36 row pattern repeat, there is another mistake! So, I get out the trusty pad of paper and get to work figuring out the pattern. Get back to knitting and after I get through the entire pattern once, once I started it again, I thought, ok, I just made another mistake.... what happened here??? So, after going over the pattern a bit, I figured out that the pattern cable got repeated in rows 19-36. The cable should have been reversed, otherwise why are there rows 19-36??? If they weren't reversed, the pattern repeat should have ended at row 18!

ARGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, after all the cables and such, I just pulled the work off the needles and started over. What a waste of a couple hours....

Anyway, I've been working on the 'corrected' pattern today.

Every 2 leaves is one full pattern repeat! To view it closer, see this:

Grapevine Cardigan border


I'll keep you posted on my progress.

(BTW, I like this pattern especially because I just finished a hat & scarf "blackberry" set that also had grapevines on it.

:o)

No comments: