Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Two Toe Up socks on One Circular Needle

so, as per my last post, I mentioned that I had started a new project.

Knitted socks!

yep! socks!

I found a tutorial, and am following it for my first attempt.... but not only am I attempting socks, I'm trying out the Magic Loop method as well....

I know.... I know.... I'm crazy, and sometimes I go overboard. But what can I say? That's the way I was taught to be! :)

So, here's the tutorial I'm following...
http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/2mlsocks_start.htm

And here's my progress thus far...
(remember, I started this project last night)

Photobucket
the cast on using a 'figure 8' cast on method


Photobucket
OMG, they look like toes!!! :)


and, at this point, I do admit that they look pretty funny... but here is where I'm at right now...
Photobucket



hehehe!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

I must say you are prety fast in your knitting.

I love the colour of your knitting needle, what brand is that ?

Just me, Lynn893 said...

Thank you jl, yes, it does seem to be working up fast, considering there is only knit sts.And the needles are just Addi Turbo's in silver.

Dreams of Yarn said...

The place you got your tutorial is a good site, I went there when i was first learning to do socks as well.