Saturday, October 30, 2010

Woodstock Fleece Festival

Last weekend I went on a bit of a road trip with a good friend of mine, Shannon and a couple buddies of hers. She came and picked me up on her way to Woodstock! An hour and a bit in the car on the way up, and we were immersed in fleece and wool and all kinds of yarny goodness!

Since I'm not working right now, i had told myself that I wanted to walk around at least once before buying anything! And I did. But I still came home with 4 purchases! A beautiful skein of madelinetosh Pashmina in Terrarium - a sport weight yarn that is the squishiest, softest yarn ever!

And I also grabbed a skein of Dye-Version in Rustico - it's a beautiful autumn russet colors, almost looks like different shades of fire!

And, I bought 2 skeins of curly yarn - lol - it's yarn that has a bit of a knotty bubble to it... don't know how to explain it any better. One is Fleece Artist, Kiss Curls in shades of red and orange, and the other is a dark purple from Wellington Fibres.

Woodstock purchase

order: Madelinetosh Pashmina, Fleece Artist, Wellington Fibre, Dye-Version

and another shot of the Pashmina after I retwisted the skein

Pashmina

Thanks for a fantastic day Shannon, Rochelle and Kim! Let's do it again next year! :)

No comments: