Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween

I remember Halloween as a child. The lead up to it was so exciting, maybe because it was my Father's birthday as well. I remember one year, a bunch of older kids were out egging and toilet papering the neighbourhood. When our house got hit, my Dad went out running after those guys! OMG, it was hilarious! He came home about 20 minutes later, huffing and puffing, his face completely beet red! We had to sit there waiting for him to get his 2nd wind so we could do his cake. lol!

Halloween does not hold the same love for me since his death. I used to spiderweb the whole place when the kids were little, and big scary posters all over... but now the kids are bigger and it's become more of a melancholy time for me. Not depressing, just sad.

Happy Birthday, Daddy. I love you and miss you alot. xox

No comments: