Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Birthday/Thanksgiving, Melissa baby!

My little girl turned 20 on Saturday! Thanksgiving weekend has always been her birthday celebration weekend. So lucky, a turkey for her birthday every year. ;)

The year she was borne, I went into the hospital and it was still the end of summer. The leaves were all still green. When I came out 5 days later, after 2 fierce storms blew through toronto, there were no leaves left on the trees. It looked like I had missed Autumn all together. Not only that, but I missed Thanksgiving. :(

This year (as normal), we celebrated twice. Once at her grandma's on Saturday. There, we sat outside in the sunshine, soaking up the 22 degrees celcius heat.

Today, was a little cooler, but still a beautiful day.

I put the turkey in at 9:30 this morning, and we were eating at 5:30.
Turkey, gravy, biscuits, cranberries, stuffing, potatoes, carrots, squash, green beans, mushrooms, creamed corn and then afterwards apple and pumpkin pies with cool whip and vanilla ice-cream. mmmm, mmmmm!

Happy 20th Birthday sweetheart! I love you, and hope all your wishes come true in the coming year.

No comments: