Friday, September 25, 2009

New Fridge

Yep, one year after getting a new fridge, I had to get another fridge.

Thank goodness that I called the Brick to complain about my 'freezer' fridge when I did, cause the fridge was completely shot! The first we noticed was that all our fruits & vegetables were frozen solid. Have you ever tried to eat a frozen pear? Not a good idea.

But the beers! OMG, were they ever cold and slushy.... it would have been fantastic if we only needed to keep beer cold, but alas, I do need food to survive in this life... thus I called for service.

I ended up getting 5 different technicians over the span of a month. Each one promised me that they had fixed the problem, so hubby went shopping to replace the frozen food each time, but to no avail... within hours the new fruits & vegetables would be solidly frozen as well....

can you imagine a fridge so cold that your salad dressing on the door is frozen solid? that a 2L carton of OJ freezes in 2 hours? a 4L jug of milk froze in 5 hours!! my beringers wine was slushy in 3 hours! WINE!!!

and here's the best part..... over $600 worth of food in the garbage over the course of a month.... the warrantee company advised me to fill out a food loss claim, and then they reject it because I did not have an extended warranty with them!!! WTF did they advise me to fill out the fucken claim form then????/ a$$holes!

Can you tell I was pi$$ed about this entire fridge fiasco?

Well, thank goodness I caught it in time, as my warrantee expired on sept 17. Anyway, the Brick gave me the complete cost of the old fridge as a credit towards a new fridge. Nice of them, eh?

Oh yeah, the problem with the old one? Broken thermostat... it was working in hyperdrive... the fridge was actually colder than the freezer.

No comments: