Monday, June 23, 2008

Knitting again

Well, it's been awhile since I worked on my 'grapevine' sweater, so this past weekend I added 6 or 7 rows to it.
I know, it doesn't seem like alot, until you realize that the body on this pattern is worked in one piece..... so, it's about 245 sts and different patterns:
mock cable, grapevine, twisted cable and moss st are the patterns used.


So, here's an pic of my progress so far....
this is the back:
Photobucket
(you can see the moss sts, a twisted cable, moss sts, then 3 mock cables, then more moss sts, and then another twisted cable in this pic)

and this is the front, left side:
Photobucket
(you can see the mock cable, then the grapevine, then the twisted cable, and then some moss sts in this pic)


Since I'm almost done with my paint job, I'm planning on working on my sweater a bit more....

but..... it's also almost summer vacation for the kids, and I'm sure that we'll be spending alot of time at the pool! :)

1 comment:

Dreams of Yarn said...

Summer Vay-kay is great for knitting time. We are going to the cottage next week and I am brining tons of knitting with me, while the kids are playing in the water or on the lawn, I will sittin' and knittin (with a Gin and tonic beside me!!!)