Friday, October 2, 2020

Long time

Wow, 2014 was the last time I was on my blog. I am resurrecting it due to the nightmare changes Ravelry has done to their site.

To say that I am disapointed that the classic version of Ravelry is being discarded is a huge understatement. I have been a long standing member since back in the day when you had to wait for your membership to be approved (2008), have added TONS of knowledge sharing to the Ravelry database and yet will no longer be able to utilize it as I am unable to view the NuRav site. 

Even months after the change, with them promising fixes and rolling out a few other options "Herdwig/Merino/Swatches" bullshit, I start to get a pounding pulsing behind my eyes within minutes of being on the NuSite. If I ignore the pounding, it just keeps growing until it's a full blown migraine within 1/2 hour of being on their site. Their change to NuRav is not only causing me issues, but MANY users are not able to access it and people are leaving. It's really a shame that TPTB are so invested in their updated teeny bopper twee change to the site, that they've forgotten (or just don't give a shit) about the almost 9.5 million users that love the site as it was, and of those, many were also daily users who can no longer use it as we all once did. Such a mind-boggling thing that TPTB have done - why would you intentionally destroy all your hard work? WHY? The worst part, is nobody knows, and they won't enlighten us. They just delete all the posts in the For Love of Ravelry group, archive them, block users and ignore us. It's so sad. Heartbreaking, really... but, it's brought me back here. To this old friend...

I am going to take a few minutes to figure out how to update the side bar with my projects, check if any of the existing links still work, and start posting here once again.



No comments: